Monday, October 25, 2010

i (heart) wellington

Just got back from not-so-windy Wellington. The wind gods (Tawhiri, Aeolus, Vayu... whoever you believe in!) were kind to me for the flying. Not much turbulence= not too many freak outs!
Such a lovely weekend with the 'in-laws' (since Hamish and I aren't actually married). Oscar, the nephew, 3, is friggin hilarious; and Molly, our niece whose first birthday was the reason for the trip, is just the cutest little baby EVER! So cuddly and smiley, I could just eat her up :)
As mentioned in my last post, I made them a wee canvas each- they were grabbed, dropped and chewed and still stayed together, so a big tick on the durability front too- sweet! Here are piccies of them:


I also made Molly a couple of headbands using the leftover gold buttons I had brought for Oscars canvas:

I found a primo op shop in Strathmore, real proper. Left with a bag of goodies, my favourite buy being this sweet-as-pie Florida themed skirt:


Made a quick visit to Area 51 on Cuba St too- stocked with AWESOME stuff as always- had my eye on an incredible 'axe' ring by Stolen Girlfriends Club (see it here- http://www.stolengirlfriendsclub.com/main.html ), and fell in love with this Lonely Hearts dress, am going to hunt one down in Auckland a.s.a.p!


I just love Wellington. The people watching is so good- everyone’s style seems to be some kind of wicked-cool. I wish I had my camera on me, I saw a girl in a lust-worthy outfit of a matte gold lace bodysuit, black high-waisted velvet skirt, and awesome tan boots and red lippy to finish. She was blonde and had a gold kind of skin tone so you would think the top would just fade away but it just really worked. Sigh. Style crush BIG TIME.
Anyhoo, I trust everyone had a fab long weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
Bring on summer xox

No comments:

Post a Comment