Thursday, December 23, 2010

i (heart) newtown

Well, it's been a while! Life has been super busy with moving house, lots to do at work, and a trip to Australia for a beautiful wedding in the Hunter Valley.

While we were in the Hunter Valley we visited a cute little cafe in the Hunter Valley Gardens, and I just loved their table numbers!


Also, at one of the wineries, I managed to catch this gaggle of geese waddling their way up the hill the the lake, too cute:


Everything was looking so lush and amazing in the Hunter Valley, probably a lot to do with all the rain they had been having! At the wedding the ground was a bit soft, and I knew my stiletto platforms were not ideal, but wedges were jsut not going to cut it with my outfit... then I found these!


They are called Starlettos and you can just pull them on and off your heels, they even come with a little pouch to put them in between uses so you can put them in your bag without getting everything else muddy. Genius!! And they totally work. Website= www.starlettos.com.au

We also visited Sydney. We did all the touristy stuff- Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Zoo, Bondi... but my fave place hands down was Newtown. My god, if I were allowed to take two suitcases on the plane, my bank account would have been in A LOT of trouble!! Second hand shops as far as the eye can see!! Clothes, junk, furniture... a little slice of heaven!! Got a few shots to savour:


Cool little clothing and record shop in the middle of the burbs:


There was even a shop dedicated just to buttons- eeee!!



Also, there was an awesome shop called Monster Threads- rad clothes, cool knick knacks, and a bit of my fave Jim Bob Art too! Website= www.monsterthreads.com.au

On our walk home I came across this street sign, just adored the name and the look if it:


Anyhoo, a good trip all round. Nice way to ease into summer hols! Now roll on Christmas and New Years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment