Friday, November 12, 2010

nana

I have been thinking about my late Nana recently. She was a gem, so witty and funny and had the most comprehensive general knowledge of anyone I have ever met! She loved crosswords and birdwatching and dolls houses. I think that's where I get my miniatures obsession from.
She passed away April 27 2007. I have found that as time goes by, I realise how many similarities we had, and I wish that she was around so that we could share them.
I have found myself getting more and more into the doll house thing. My Poppa made me an elaborate doll house when I was younger. I of course used it as a toy, as you should as a child, but I have still got it sorted in my Gran’s garage. I am going to get it out and restore it back to its full glory. I am really looking forward to this. But I do wish that Nana was still around to share the process with me, because I know that she would be right into it.
Anyway, I have been looking into decor for my doll house, and here are some cool little pieces that I have my eye on:







The last pic reminds me of the kind of toiletry set that Nana would have owned in real life. The rest is stuff that I would actually buy for my own house in full size.
Love, love, love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment